Research opportunities for nurses, midwives and AHPs
Research placements for nurses, midwives and AHPs – apply by 8 May
The NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, in collaboration with the NIHR Manchester Clinical Research Facility (CRF) and supported by Corridor Manchester and Health Innovation Manchester is investing in the next generation of NHS researchers and want you to be part of it!
What is this opportunity?
The NIHR Manchester BRC, in partnership with Corridor Manchester and Health Innovation Manchester, is offering you the chance to experience what research is like through short, flexible 4-6 week taster placements; and also offering employers backfill funding to release you from work for the duration.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Kick start a career or further study in a clinical research environment
- Work closely with clinical academics in delivering a short research project
- Learn more about how research is conducted within the NHS
Am I suitable?
The placements are open to a wide range of NHS staff from different clinical settings – nurses, midwives, pharmacists and all Allied Healthcare Professionals including (but not limited to), physiotherapists, audiologists and dieticians.
- Able to begin placement before 31 March 2019
- No previous research experience is required
- Priority is given to people currently employed by an NHS Trust in Greater Manchester
- An opportunity to learn how research can support the NHS to improve patient outcomes
Full details of the scheme are attached and on the NIHR Manchester BRC website , along with information on how to apply by the deadline of 8 May 2018. Follow #BRCplacements for further updates and if you have any questions, please contact BRCplacements@manchester.ac.uk or phone +44 (0)161 275 7199