Biomechanical Analysis (Lower Limb)
This Multi-professional CPD module is delivered by the Department of Health Professions at MMU. Some knowledge of biomechanics is important. Two years clinical experience is preferred but not essential.
Both these modules are worth 20 credit at Masters level (level 7) : Can be completed as a standalone CPD or as part of the MSc Professional Practice Development or MSc Advanced Physiotherapy
In this module , the student will study the phases of human gait and critically evaluate the evidence surrounding biomechanical analysis of the lower limb in the healthy adult. The students will have the opportunity to use 2D and 3D motion analysis systems, to generate kinetic and kinematic data. The normative data collected in the process will be analysed by the students using Qualysis and Visual 3D software.
Key Course Content:
- Collection and analysis of the student’s own gait data using the Qualysis system and Visual 3D.
- Critical evaluation of the evidence surrounding biomechanical analysis.
- Application of learning to clinical practice.
Features and Benefit:
- Develop both cognitive and psycho-motor skills in relation to biomechanical analysis of the lower limb.
- Delivered by academics actively researching in the field of gait.
- Use of new modern gait facilities and soft wear.
- Small group working, sharing ideas and practice with other professionals.
Please visit our website for more details www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/
or contact Jenny Caunt on email@example.com