Dysphagia: Evidence Based Assessment and Dysphagia: Evidence Based in Management and Intervention
These modules offers speech and language therapists (SLT), nurses, physiotherapists and other interested professionals the opportunity to reflect on their assessment practices within the field of dysphagia. Dysphagia spans many client groups across developmental and acquired domains and the content covers the breadth of these domains.
Both these modules are worth 20 credit at Masters level (level 7) : Can be completed as a standalone CPD or as part of the MSc Professional Practice Development or PGCert Dysphagia and is 1-3 years part-time.
Dysphagia: Evidence Based Assessment
- Identification of normal and disordered swallowing
- Assessing biological bases of swallowing and dysphagia
- Assessing psychological and social aspects of eating, drinking and swallowing
- Dysphagia assessment procedures in clinical populations
- The relationship between current dysphagia assessment techniques and holistic approaches to clients.
Dysphagia: Evidence Based in Management and Intervention
- Evidence based management approaches to dysphagia in children and adults
- Ethical and legal issues in dysphagia
- Managing biological and medical aspects of eating, drinking, swallowing and non-oral feeding
- Managing psychological and social aspects of eating, drinking, swallowing and non-oral feeding
- Dysphagia management in practice in clinical populations
- The relationship between current dysphagia management techniques and holistic approaches to clients.
Please visit our website for more details www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/
or contact Jenny Caunt on firstname.lastname@example.org