Professor Sarah Tyson from The University of Manchester will be leading a workshop aimed at stroke healthcare professionals in Greater Manchester.
This seminar will examine the evidence for (and against) the use of upper AND lower limb orthotics for people with stroke and the implications for clinical practice. At the end of the session you will be able to answer questions such as – Do orthotics work? How? What difference do they make? Which type should you use? When?
- 9.00 – 9.15am – registration and welcome
- 9.15- 9.45am – Ankle foot orthotics– What is the evidence about whether they work and how?
- 9.45-10am – comfort break
- 10-10.30am – Which ankle foot orthosis to choose for which patients?
- 9.30-11am – Coffee
- 11 – 12pm – Upper limb orthotics – Do they work?
The event is free and registration is now open with limited places available.