Training & Education – Greater Manchester stroke training programme and local events
Greater Manchester stroke training programmes
Training is usually aimed at staff working in both community and inpatient settings, and is generally applicable to a range of professions including medical staff (experienced level events only) including the voluntary sector.
Royal College of Physician CPD accreditation will be sought for events of particular relevance to doctors. Information is included in each event description on how they may meet CREST competencies and the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board sub specialty training curriculum for stroke medicine.
1. Foundation and introductory level programmes
These courses are currently on hold and are being developed into more virtual formats. Details to follow.
2. Experienced/advanced level
Our face to face events have been cancelled until further notice with shorter masterclasses delivered via MS Teams, with recordings listed below and on our YouTube channel. Our sister network for Neuro Rehabilitation also delivers events with relevant topics listed below. Hyperlinked events are open for bookings.
Spasticity: Pathophysiology and Clinical Assessment (NR Network) – 21st May
Weight Gain Management (NR Network) – 11th June
Visual impairment in stroke and neuro rehabilitation patients – 16th June
Supporting Capacity Assessment and How to Involve Aphasic Patients in Best Interest Decisions (NR Network) – 24th June
Spasticity: Posture & Positioning and Splinting & Orthotics (NR Network) – 8th July
Planned topics include:
- Blood Pressure Management for Rehabilitation Assistants – May/June
- Outcome measures including NEADL – May/June
- 6 month reviews (reviewer teams only) – May/June
- Vocational rehabilitation (with NR network)
- Stroke prevention including AF & BP monitoring and management plus surgical intervention
- Pain management
- Functional Neurological Disorder (with NR network)
- Integrating with neighbourhood teams and local pathways
- Foot drop pathway (with NR network)
- End of life care
- Productive therapy programme – Autumn/Winter
Other webinars hosted by the NR Network and can be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org:
An Introduction to Spasticity
Introduction to Facial Palsy and Services in Manchester