Training & Education – Greater Manchester stroke training programme and local events
Greater Manchester stroke training programmes
Training is usually aimed at staff working in both community and inpatient settings, and is generally applicable to a range of professions including medical staff (experienced level events only) including the voluntary sector.
Royal College of Physician CPD accreditation will be sought for events of particular relevance to doctors.
Sign up to our mailing list to get regular bulletins about training and other updates.
1. Foundation and introductory level programmes
These courses are currently on hold and are being developed into more virtual formats. Details to follow.
2. Experienced/advanced level
Our face to face events have been cancelled until further notice with shorter masterclasses delivered via MS Teams, with recordings listed below and on our YouTube channel. Our sister network for Neuro Rehabilitation also delivers events with relevant topics listed below. Hyperlinked events are open for bookings.
Planned topics include:
- Blood Pressure Management for Rehabilitation Assistants – May/June
- Outcome measures including NEADL – May/June
- Vocational rehabilitation (with NR network)
- Stroke prevention including AF & BP monitoring and management plus surgical intervention
- Pain management
- Functional Neurological Disorder (with NR network)
- Integrating with neighbourhood teams and local pathways
- Foot drop pathway (with NR network)
- End of life care
- Productive therapy programme – Autumn/Winter
You can access a range of pre recorded webinars here.