Training & Education – Greater Manchester stroke training programme and local events
Greater Manchester stroke training programmes
Training is usually aimed at staff working in both community and inpatient settings, and generally applicable to a range of professions including medical staff (experienced level events only).
Royal College of Physician CPD accreditation will be sought for events of particular relevance to doctors. Information is included in each event description on how they may meet CREST competencies and the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board sub specialty training curriculum for stroke medicine.
1. Foundation and introductory level programmes
This courses are currently on hold and are being developed into more virtual formats. Details to follow.
2. Experienced/advanced level
Our face to face events have been cancelled until further notice with shorter masterclasses delivered via MS Teams with recordings listed below and on our YouTube channel. Our sister network for Neuro Rehabilitation also delivers events with relevant topics listed below.
Hyperlinked events are open for bookings.
Planned topics include:
- Pre hospital stroke care
- Vocational rehabilitation (with NR network)
- Outcome measures
- 6 month reviews (reviewer teams only)
- Stroke prevention including AF & BP monitoring and management plus surgical intervention
- Pain management
- Integrating with neighbourhood teams and local pathways
- Foot drop pathway (with NR network)
- End of life care
- Productive therapy programme